TANYS combines the strengths of two organizations that have served nonprofessional theatre in New York State for a combined total of more than 70 years. The Theatre Association of New York State was formed in 1987 when the New York State Theatre Festival Association (NYSTFA) merged with the New York State Community Theatre Association (NYSCTA).
TANYS is a member of the American Association of Community Theatre (AACT) and the Eastern States Theatre Association (ESTA).
- Nonprofessional Community Theatres
- University and College Theatre Departments
- Secondary School Drama Departments
- Children's Theatres in the state of New York
...and the individuals who support or are an active part of them.
What is the Mission of TANYS?
- To foster the contribution of theatre to the lives of the citizens of New York State.
- To promote high standards of theatre practice through education and example.
- To encourage exchanges of information and knowledge through people-to-people and theatre-to-theatre interactions.
- TANYS is administered by a Board of Trustees, elected at an Annual Meeting.
Theatre Association of New York State (TANYS)
~ Inspiring Excellence in Theatre Communities ~